101km northwest of Nairobi, i.e two hours relaxed drive, takes you to Naivasha, one of common weekend vocation towns of Kenya. Its such a nice town surounded by blessings of nature.
According to John, our guide who took us by boat to the Crescent Island, the name Naivasha came from Naiposha which is a Maasai word meaning ‘place of rough water’. Nairobi is also another Maasai word meaning ‘place of cool water’.
On arrival, we rented a room at Hotel Chambai, a B&B which we liked very much.
The next day, early in the morning, after having breakfast at the Chambai Safari Hotel, we visited some important places such as the Sanctuary Farm, Crescent Island, Hells Gate Park, Mount Longonot and others.
We were there for two days and Naivasha was amazing. But a relaxed tour will need more days. You can do:
- Different activities inside the Sanctuary Farm:
- Boat ride Naivasha lake and a visit to Crescent Island (half day)
- visiting wildlife on lakeshore of Naivasha lake and horse ride (half day)
2. Hell’s Gate Park (half day)
3. Hike to Mount Longonot ( could take full day according to how u plan to enjoy)
3. Enjoy at Sawela Lodge, very lexurious lodge around the lake.
I’m updating this travel note and will soon make it available to the public reader.
Thanks to my friend Kibrom Alema, who encouraged me to go and sponsored the tour.